Need Some Help?
The Bayview Music Tutoring Program is a peer-tutoring program that was introduced to the department in 2006. It is a semester-based program created for students of all grades who require assistance in mastering musical skills in the areas of:
- Instrumental music
- Vocal music
- Sight singing
- Ear/rhythm training
- Music history
The program also allows tutors to gain volunteer/CAS experience.
When and where
|Dates:||Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays|
|Times:||Periods 2, 3 or 4|
|Length:||Between 30 to 60 minutes.|
How to sign up for help
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- First and last name
- Class (including teacher, semester, and course code)
- Area in which help is needed (this must be specifically expressed)
- Example 1: I need help in learning the alto notes in "Shenandoah" from bars 37-55.
- Example 2: I need help to correctly clap the rhythms from the worksheet that was given out in Mr. Horner's class today.
Student supervisors will consult with your teacher to assign you a tutor for the semester.
Goals of the program
- To strengthen the music department as a whole.
- To improve the musical skills and knowledge of students in the music department.
- Instilling motivation and confidence in students to learn and strive for excellence.
- Establishing peer connections between students who require help in specific musical areas and students who are stronger in those areas.
- Empowering music students to share their skills and knowledge while they gain valuable teaching experiences.
How to become a tutor
Sign-ups are closed for the 2017-2018 season. For further information and/or inquiries, email us at email@example.com.