Need Some Help?
The Bayview Music Tutoring Program is a peer-tutoring program that was introduced to the department in 2006. It is a semester-based program created for students of all grades who require assistance in mastering musical skills in the areas of:
- Instrumental music
- Vocal music
- Sight singing
- Ear/rhythm training
- Music history
Here is a photo of all of our hardworking tutors!
When and where
|Dates:||Mondays to Fridays|
|Times:||Before or after school and Periods 2, 3, or 4|
|Places:||Room 83 or Room 71|
|Length:||Between 30 to 45 minutes|
How to sign up for help
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- First and last name
- Class (including teacher, semester, and course code)
- Area in which help is needed (this must be specifically expressed)
- Example 1: I need help in learning the alto notes in "Shenandoah" from bars 37-55.
- Example 2: I need help to correctly clap the rhythms from the worksheet that was given out in Dr. Neceski's class today.
Student supervisors will consult with your teacher to assign you a tutor for the semester.
Goals of the program
- To strengthen the music department as a whole.
- To improve the musical skills and knowledge of students in the music department.
- Instilling motivation and confidence in students to learn and strive for excellence.
- Establishing peer connections between students who require help in specific musical areas and students who are stronger in those areas.
- Empowering music students to share their skills and knowledge while they gain valuable teaching experiences.
How to become a tutor
Become a music tutor by filling out the application found at this link:
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at: email@example.com