The Bayview Secondary School Enrichment Program is designed to supplement a grade 7/8 student's music studies by providing students with the opportunity to work closely with Bayview Music teachers and exceptional Bayview students.
Through rehearsals, sectionals, and some private instruction held at the high school, students will learn repertoire that is both educational and fun in an environment that is supportive and inspiring. At the close of the program, students showcase their skills in a formal concert held in a professional theatre.
For a fraction of the cost of many other extracurricular activities, students learn high quality music while also learning other valuable life skills such as teamwork, dedication, and responsibility.
This is a great chance for students to be involved in their future high school in a very enjoyable and rewarding way!
Through playing music, students will learn:
- technical warm up exercises
- breathing techniques
- specific instrumental tips
- musicianship skills
- how to expand their playing abilities
Student section leaders from the high school will assist students who may need extra help. They will also lead practice sections to ensure that all students understand their parts.
Benefits for students
There are lots of benefits for an elementary school student to particpate in our Enrichment Band, including:
- easier transition from elementary to high school
- working in an environment where excellence, dedication, and good work ethic are encouraged
- early introduction into the music scene at Bayview Secondary School
- performing with other students who also want to participate at a high level
- performing in a professional theatre as part of the Bayview Secondary School Music Department concert series