Social Events Pod
The Social Events Pod is responsible for all social activities and events organized and run under the Bayview Secondary School Music Department. In essence, we're the guys who make sure students in the department are having fun. Our goal is to allow bonding between members of the department through various entertaining gatherings throughout the year. Rather than have you remember the long tedious concerts, we would rather you remember all the magical moments spent without your friends. Our pod is composed of many lively personalities who have your amusement in mind, working tediously to bring you the events everyone so looks forward to each year. We are responsible for the planning, organization, and executions of social gatherings of the department to make sure that everything is tailored perfectly for you to enjoy yourselves. We are here to make sure your memories of the department are happy ones, and our success is measured by your smiles!
Accomplishments (2013-2014 School Year)
Java Jive and Pie (December 12, 2013):
- Sold out venue (Large Gym)
- Found a new vendor for our pies
- Created instructions for future implementation of event
Possible events coming to a department near you:
Dodgeball (April 24, 2014)
- Annual gathering of novice to professional dodgeball teams found within the music department in a battle to claim the title of the #1 team
- All members of the department are welcome to sign up on the signup sheet located in the music room alcove
- Teams must consist of 6 members to be eligible
- Showdown will be taking place in the Large Gym
- Proper gym attire is required!
Movie Night (TBA)
- Come join your friends and watch your favorite movies in the music room!
- Movie selection will be predetermined by voting
Crazy Olympics (TBA)
- A fun-filled evening where teams will be competing against each other in a series of wacky yet fun activities
- Teams may be predetermined or may be randomly created
Music Council BBQ (TBA)
- Celebration for a year of hard work for the Music Council and all its members
- Food will be provided!
- Open only to Music Council Members